According the the ACT, you can apply for a Liquor License if you are not disqualified for any of the following:
In general terms disqualified persons are:
- A minor
- Persons committed in terms of the Mental Health Act
- An un-rehabilitated insolvent
- Persons who have served a prison sentence without the option of a fine in the preceding ten years (The Liquor Authority may make exception in certain cases.)
- Persons convicted of a contravention of the Liquor Act, 1989 within three years immediately before the commencement of this Act
- Persons convicted in terms of this Act, provided that the person will be disqualified from obtaining a license or permit in the case of:
- a first offence, for a period of one year
- a second offence, for a period of two years
- a third offence, for a period of three years, calculated from the date of the sentence
Persons who have had his or her license or permit cancelled in terms of this Act within a period of three years immediately before the lodgement of an application.
To Request a FREE On-Site Appointment, You have to send us the Full Address and Zoning Certificate of the Proposed Premises for the Bottle Store / Liquor Store to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Copy of the Zoning Certificate can be requested from the Landlord or from the Municipality.
You need to Schedule an On-Site Appointment, so we can:
- Discuss the type of liquor license you can apply for and procedure we follow,
- Discuss quote, your requirements, and Liquor Trade SA (Pty) Ltd Liquor License Application Consulting Agreement, (Formal Quote will be send via email after on-site meeting).
- Check the Proximity of the proposed outlet, in respect to other similar licensed outlets,
- Measure the store / premises for floor-plan and 3D layout rendering, (If Needed)
- Take pictures of the current state of the store, (If Needed)
- Apply for a Local Authority Approval Letter. (If Needed)